Sunday, September 14, 2008

Uncle Cam

I just finished reading about a truly awesome man, William Cameron Townsend! For those of you unfamiliar with Uncle Cam, as he was known, he was the founder of Wycliffe Bible Translators/ SIL. Today, they have translated at least parts of the Bible into over 1000 different languages!!! I love reading about people who got it. People who understood that this life is about nothing more than loving God and loving people. Uncle Cam got it. He lived his life to the fullest knowing that this is only a short transition into eternity, and now he's up in Heaven partying with God! As I rapidly read through the pages of this exciting book, my prayer for my life is that God will use me to change the nations and get people excited about God. I pray that I will not allow anything this world offers me to get in the way of spreading the Gospel to the uttermost parts of the earth. I pray that my life will be a reflection of God's love for everyone, and that people will be able to see Jesus through my actions and hear Him in my words. I pray that through me, God will bring a revolution in a quickly dying church, and that He would catch people on fire with the Word. I pray that God would move in the lives of Christ-followers all over the world to reach out to those around them and let people know the good news of Christ and Him crucified. I pray for courage for those who face death everyday for being proud of Christ. I pray for conviction for those "Christians" who have let the world and its vices become more important to them than the almighty creator of the universe. I pray for wokers for the harvest God is preparing. I pray for Christians to catch a global view of God's love, and commit themselves to sharing Christ with the whole world. I pray for everyday Christians to knock on the door of their neighbors and share the hope that they have in Christ Jesus. I pray for passion among Christians to see the WHOLE WORLD WORSHIPPING THE ONE TRUE GOD!!! I beg God for the souls of the lost. And most importantly, I pray for the glory of God to be seen and praised in churches in every nation, by every tongue, from every person.

To William Cameron Townsend,
I will see you in Heaven with plenty of stories to share about how God used a simple man like me to accomplish His will in this world. Thanks for setting an example for the rest of us on how to be truly used by God to show His love to the world. Heaven is bigger because you let God use you.

No comments: